Computer Equipment & Support

How do I order my office computer?
Computer equipment (CPU, laptop, monitor, keyboard) purchases and set-up for faculty are handled by ITS Faculty Support, you can call the Help Desk at 203-432-9000, start a chat with the Help Desk at or go to the request forms at to get started.
When can I order a new computer?
Yale provides all permanent faculty members with an office computer. The computer will be replaced every 4 years, printers will not be replaced.
Who can I contact if I need technical help with my computer?
For computer support there are the following options:
1) Contact the ITS Help Desk for 24/7 support at 432-9000 or chat with someone at
2) Put in an appointment request for in-person or remote help at 
3) Visit one of the ITS Help Walk-In Centers for software/hardware support on personal computers as well as Yale computers.
How do I print to the BluePrint printers in HQ?
An initial setup is needed to be added to the HQ print queue, please contact ITS to make an appointment. Once you’re set up, you can print to any printer in HQ by swiping your ID card.  There are 2 printers in the department on the 2nd floor of HQ, one is a tabletop printer in room 205 and the other is the big printer/copier by room 263 (this one staples). If you have any issues with the printers, you can contact BluePrint Support at or 203-436-9640.
Do I have to buy my own toner and paper for my office printer?
The department provides toner and paper to faculty free of charge. If you have a color printer that requires multiple toner cartridges, the department will cover the cost of black toner cartridge only. Please see any department staff member for paper, please see your account manager if you need assistance with ordering toner.
How do I update my page on the department website?
Faculty should review their individual bio pages periodically and provide the department with updated information on prizes, awards, recent publications, events, etc. Please contact Dana Lee at with any changes or updates.
Who do I contact if I need technical help in the classroom?
For computer and equipment issues in the classroom, faculty should contact Classroom Support at 432-2650 or Classroom Support can be contacted in advance of class meeting time to assist with set-up or during class if there is a problem.
How do I find a classroom with specific media capabilities?
To search for a classroom with specific A/V needs, visit the Media Services Classroom search page at: You can look up classrooms by task, specific A/V needs or by building.